Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Knitting and Reading

Today I am going to update you on my knitting and reading!


I made a cowl! The pattern is called "A Noble Cowl," and it is damn noble (in my humble opinion). You might remember THIS post in which I was in the process of knitting my first "Noble Cowl" (bottom image). The pattern is a bit tricky, but really fun and beautiful when finished. You DEFINITELY need to remember what row you are on, and use some form of stitch marker for the beginning of the row. I learned both those lessons the hard way. =P

 I found this fabulous pattern on Ravelry.com.

 If you don't know what Ravelry is, I will tell you! Ravelry is akin to Facebook for knitters and crocheters. In order to access patterns you must create a profile, but it is free! Then you can search and filter through all different patterns and skill levels. You can even narrow your search down to the size needles and yarn you are using! I also found my sister's leg warmer pattern on Ravelry!

The Noble Cowl is meant to be created with smaller yarn and needles, but I really like how it turned out with size 10 needles (I cast on 90 stitches instead of 120).


I also have been consistently reading again! I am in the middle of some Flannery O'Connor, but so far I'm not a huge fan. I think I must resign myself to the fact that I will never enjoy Southern Gothic. It isn't my jam. 

I am looking forward to reading some Chekhov. This book I picked up for a hefty $1 at Goodwill has two of his plays and several short stories! The Other Typist by Rindell was recommended to me last week, so I picked up a copy at the library. It looks to be an interesting read.

Are you all knitting or reading anything interesting? I'm always up for a good recommendation!