Thursday, April 17, 2014

Some thoughts...


     Annddd I'm back. I have started countless blog posts, but none seem to be right. I think it is probably the curse of any person who blogs to not know what to post next. I use the term "person who blogs" because I can't really consider myself a blogger - I feel like it sounds pretentious. I started my blog to use as an outlet for creativity. Blogging keeps me accountable to make more art, and also to document what I'm creating.

However, sometimes I feel like blogging is a bit narcissistic... which is something I don't want. I never want what I write to feel like I'm puffing myself up in any way. I share things I do because I love to do them! Maybe I should share more failures, or be more honest about when life is difficult. I have people who tell me, "You are just good at everything!" Which is NOT true. I work hard at what I like to do, but I also am the girl who can trip over air, needs to continually purchase extra dishes because I break something in the kitchen at least every other week, and can't remember people's names.

All of this is to say that I want my blog to encourage people to do what they love - maybe even start their own blog about it. If you want to do something, go do it, and then share it.

Those are all my thoughts. Feel free to keep me humble by letting me know when the hubris monster starts making an appearance. I always appreciate feedback and comments.