Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Birthday, Audrey!

Audrey Hepburn
Picture from acertaincinema.com

    Today is Audrey Hepburn's birthday! I thought it would be appropriate to post about Audrey, as she has been pretty influential in my life. When I was 13, she was my first attempt at portrait art! I think I still have the drawing somewhere (I might try to unearth it to post on the blog sometime). She also greatly influenced my love of fashion by wearing Hubert de Givenchy's fabulous designs. Who knows if I would be working in fashion at the moment if not for Audrey?

If you are not a fan, or haven't seen many of her movies, my favorites are:

1.  How To Steal A Million

How To Steal A Million

 Sure, it is a lesser known title, but how can you not love Peter O'Toole and Audrey teaming up to steal a forged statue from a museum? It is a funny story with some corny moments (and kissing in closets). Good times.

2. Sabrina

Sabrina

Teaming up with Humphrey Bogart and William Holden, this is a cute story of a hard-working older brother attempting to save a family business deal by thwarting his good-for-nothing younger brother's attraction to the chauffeur's daughter. He then truly falls in love, and they live happily ever after.

3. Charade 

Charade

Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Walter Mathau, James Coburn, and George Kennedy are all searching for the money Audrey's deceased husband stole during World War II. Audrey wears some cute clothes, people run around and shoot at each other, and there are a couple unexpected plot twists.

Other notable Audrey films are: My Fair Lady, Roman Holiday, War and Peace, Funny Face

I do not recommend: Breakfast at Tiffany's (blasphemy, I know!), Two For The Road, or Robin and Marian