Thursday, June 5, 2014

What to Wear: Printed Dress

As the weather warms up I am excited to wear summer dresses again! I thought it would be fun to show how to wear a printed dress that can go from day to evening.  

For a day look I paired the dress with some classic Americana pieces - the jean jacket and Converse. Super comfy to wear running errands and grabbing coffee with a friend. I think the tote bag is fun and causal, and I like how the nail polish and watch tie back to the colors of the dress.


The evening look switches out the casual jacket and sneakers for a blazer and heels. The pastel blazer and earrings make the outfit pop, while the neutral purse, shoe, and watch keep the outfit not too crazy. While I love the mint blazer, if it is too loud, one could easily switch it out for a cream or white blazer.


If you like what you see here, you should check out my Polyvore for even more inspiration!