Monday, July 7, 2014

Changin' My Ways

art and fashion

Today I'm going to share a little about what has been going on in the quagmire that is my brain. I have officially been blogging for just over 6 months now. *throws confetti* I started it off on a whim to randomly share whatever I wanted to share, whenever I wanted to share it (this is probably evident if you keep up with my blog).

What I didn't expect was to really enjoy blogging! While it can be something else on the list of "stuff" to-do, I realize that it motivates me to explore and be more accountable with my creative side. I also am learning a ton about social media, html, networking, etc. Which is very new and exciting! However, I was recently challenged by several friends to have more of a specific purpose to my blog - one or two main themes that I do well, and consistently post on those topics.

It didn't take too long for me to land on my two topics: art and fashion.

So what does this mean for you, my readers? This means you will be seeing more focused content on my blog. My posts will stick to those two main themes, and every once in a while on a Friday I will post something life related or random.

In the fashion part of the blog, I am also pleased to announce I will be introducing outfit posts! Now, before you stop reading and call me a self-aggrandizing jerk, please wait. =)

I want these outfit posts to (hopefully) inspire people to mix and match items in their wardrobe, and maybe throw things together they wouldn't have thought about wearing before. I will not be buying new pieces all the time, and you will definitely be seeing many of the same pieces, but combined in different ways. Down the road I want to showcase some of my friends' styles, and even branch out into some street style around Minneapolis.

In the art section you will be seeing much of the same things I have been doing - portrait art, fashion illustration, posters, etc.

Postings will take place Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so be sure to check the blog on those days for fun new content. If you are one-tenth as excited as I am about these changes, then that is great! As I start this new "journey" I hope you will feel free to offer feedback and suggestions.

Cheers!