Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hello, Blue & Yellow!

 


 

 Shirt: Madewell | Skirt: J.Crew Factory | Bag: Steve Madden  | Necklace: Thrifted | Bracelets: Thrifted, Kate Spade | Shoes: Aldo

Tee shirts are definitely a theme in my wardrobe. Any shirt that isn't super breathable is a definite no-no in my book (I'm talking to you, synthetic fibers). Who wants to feel all clammy and uncomfortable on a hot summer day? Not this girl. All that to say, you will be seeing a lot of tee shirts on the blog.

This blue skirt is something I can't wear too often (people notice if you wear an electric blue skirt more than once a week). I love that it is a classic silhouette in a modern color - which gives it a bit of pizzazz without being over the top.

One of the reasons this outfit works is because I am wearing my yellow accent color on the top (the necklace) and the bottom (the shoes). Since I'm "bookending" the outfit with the same color, it looks intentional and put together.  By wearing solid colors with no patterns the bright colors complement each other without being too chaotic or busy.


[ Photo Credit: Autumn Kovach ]