Monday, July 21, 2014

I Chill With The Crayola Crowd


 


Dress: Gap | Cardigan: J.Crew Factory | Bag: Dooney & Bourke | Necklace: Self made | Sandals : Moss Supply Co. via Target

My mom always says, "To Morgan, every color is a neutral." I have been known to be quite liberal with my color palette, but I like to think in the past few years I have made strides toward toning it down. This outfit works because I started with two basic pieces - the simple black dress and black sandals (these pieces give your eyes a "resting place" from all the color). The bag and cardigan are tied together by my necklace. What I love about this necklace is that it goes with a variety of colors! I combined parachute cord, hemp cord, and embroidery floss to make this statement piece. It adds a pop to any outfit. If you are interested in a DIY project, HonestlyWTF has a tutorial for a similar necklace. 
 
This knit dress is definitely a go-to piece for me. I featured it several months ago on the post "8 Versatile Pieces To Add To Your Wardrobe" and the sandals are also on that list! It is important to have a couple classic staples that, when you wake up in the morning, you can throw on and look good in. 

If you haven't already seen it, check out last week's blue and yellow outfit combination.

 [ Photo Credit: Autumn Kovach ]