Monday, August 11, 2014

Green Blazer, Boyfriend Jeans, And Heels


green-jacket

green-jacket

green-jacket


Shirt: Madewell |  Jeans: Moss Supply Co. | Jacket: Vintage | Bag: Steve Madden | Necklaces: Boutique in Stillwater, MN | Bracelets: Kate Spade and Thrifted | Watch: Swiss Army | Shoes: Moss Supply Co. | Sunglasses: Tom Ford

This vibrant green blazer I came across in a vintage shop down the road from my apartment. It was a total impulse purchase, but I thought for $16 I couldn't beat myself up if it didn't work out. Thankfully I can say that it is definitely going to be a staple in my wardrobe for years to come! In today's post I added it to a jeans and black t-shirt combination that I dressed up with the gold jewelry, heels.

If you have wondered how to incorporate color into your wardrobe but don't know how to start, look for a classic piece (like a blazer) in a bright tone. I try to stay away from bright colors in super trendy cuts and styles because classic pieces are easier to mix and match in a wardrobe. It also guarantees you can wear an item for more than just one season. Like with my blue pencil skirt, people catch on when you wear something so bright more than once every few weeks.

If you want to see another way to style jeans and a t-shirt, check out this post from a couple weeks ago.

[ Photo Credit: Autumn Kovach ]