Monday, September 29, 2014

Navy & Stripes






Shirt: Thrifted (J.Crew) | Jeans: Moss Supply Co. (Target) | Jacket: Gift (J.Crew) | Boots: Moss Supply Co. (Target) | Watch: Swiss Army | Ring: H&M 

I can't believe it is officially fall. I am still trying to figure out where summer went! One good thing about colder temperatures is the ability to work with layers! You may remember this top from one of my first outfit posts in July, but today it is worn with a complete fall look.

This outfit work well because the white tee provides a visual break from all the solid navy color, but the navy stripe ties in the jeans and blazer, the light blue and orange stripe add a nice pop of color, and the gray stripe matches the boots!

If you notice, I also rolled up the sleeves of the blazer to add another dash of white on the arms. Sometimes blazers can go from looking wrong to looking right just by rolling up the sleeves. Rolled sleeves solves the "too much fabric covering me" problem, the "I look stodgy" problem, the "my sleeves get in they way of working" problem, along with a host of others!

What are some pieces of clothing you are excited to wear now that it is fall?

[ Photo Credit: Autumn Kovach ]