Monday, November 24, 2014

Florals For Fall





Shirt: J.Crew Factory | Jacket: J.Crew Factory | Jeans: Merona (Target) | Shoes: White Mountain (via Marshalls) | Purse: Self-made | Necklace: My grandma's | Ring: Vintage WWII Bullet (via craft fair)

Yes, florals are usually a "spring thing", but who says you can't wear them for fall too? This outfit was really a happy accident. I think one of the most important things for someone to do with his/her wardrobe is spend time putting together different pieces to create new outfits. Every now and then I'll take an evening, listen to Spotify, and dump everything out of my closet for a major styling session. Sometimes outfits are epic failures, but I usually get one or two new combinations out of the night.

I really think that a wardrobe can go a lot further when you invest some time in shopping your closet. If you take the time when you aren't rushed to get ready in the morning, you are more creative. Annnddd, once you figure out those new looks, they are super easy to throw on when you are getting ready for work.

Do you routinely shop your closet?

P.S. I stored up some "pre-snow" pictures, so for the next few weeks my photos will be without snow! Don't worry though, you will get several months of snowy photographs.