Monday, November 17, 2014

Purple Checks & Herringbone

 






Shirt: J.Crew (thrifted) | Jeans: Merona (Target) | Shoes: Old Navy (thrifted) | Scarf: J.Crew | Wallet: Madewell | Earrings: Francesca's | Watch: Swiss Army

Can we talk about my shirt for a minute? About two years ago I decided I desperately needed a checked shirt. At the time I didn't have money to spend on a legit J.Crew one, so I spent the summer searching second hand stores for one that I could call my own. Luck would have it that I found this shirt for $6 at Goodwill - and it was J.Crew! I think the hallelujah chorus played on a loop in my brain the rest of that day. #thriftmaster

This outfit is great for meeting up with friends or running about town. For days when it is only a bit chilly, I like to just throw on a scarf without a jacket. I also like how this outfit plays with texture. The colors are all similar, but the textures (the wool scarf, cotton shirt, jeans, and suede-like shoes) make the outfit visually interesting.

Do you play with texture in your wardrobe?

[ Photo Credit: Autumn Kovach ]