Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Layers & Yellow Shoes





Jacket: J.Crew Factory | Shirt: J.Crew | Tank: Target | Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft | Necklace: J.Crew Factory | Watch: Swiss Army | Shoes: Miss Sixty (via Nordstrom Rack)

Today's outfit has some fun layers happening. While I don't mind wearing a buttoned up shirt with my black skirt, sometimes it just looks too stuffy. For a twist, I left my collared shirt unbuttoned and added in a textured wine-colored tank. I also threw on one of my favorite jackets to complete the layered look. I folded the shirt cuffs over the jacket cuffs to make the jacket look more integrated with the outfit since it is working in place of a blazer. The necklace and yellow shoes add visual interest and keep the outfit from looking too casual.

What do you think of all the layers?