Monday, February 23, 2015

The Oscars Red Carpet Round-Up

The 87th Oscars was last night, and no fashion blog would be complete without a recap of some of the fashions from the red carpet. I am going to hand out my own awards today (because I can). Let me know your thoughts!


Best Dressed: Rosemund Pike in Givenchy
 

She really looks like a million bucks. The dress fits her like a glove, the color is amazing with her skin tone, and the slit is the perfect height. She let the dress speak for itself and didn't clutter it up with excess jewelry. 

Runner Up: Naomi Watts

Still Looks Like A Million Bucks: Jennifer Aniston in Versace


I really don't feel the need to explain this one. She is 46 years old, people! Look at that dress! Look at that figure! Look at that hair! You look good too, Justin Theroux. ;)

Runner Up: Cate Blanchet

Risky Business: Marion Cotillard in Dior


I really love the back of Marion's dress. Yes, some may disagree, but I think she pulled this one off. The front of the dress is simple and chic, and she looks beautiful.

Runner Up: Naomi Watts

Wearable Art: Lupito Nyong'o in Calvin Klein


I still don't know exactly how I feel about this dress at the Oscars, but there is no denying it is a work of art. I mean, look at all those pearls! I think when I saw it on stage under the lights I started appreciating it more and more. Lupito definitely wears it well.

Runner Up: Lady Gaga

Best Dress Color: Emma Stone in Elie Saab


Only Emma could pull this color off, it is both surprising and refreshing. Her side-swept hair and statement lip pull the look together. Stunning.

Runner Up: Scarlett Johansson

Missed It By That Much: Jennifer Lopez in Elie Saab


This dress is okay, it isn't hideous, but it really isn't anything great. The color just blends with her skintone and has no "wow" factor. In fact, I think Luciana Duvall wore it better. I also wish she would put the girls away, but it is still better than her Versace dress.

Runner Up: Jessica Chastain
 
Cutest Cumberbump: Sophia Hunter in Lanvin


Granted, there was only one bump in the running, but can you believe she is pregnant? How beautiful and chic does she look? Well done. Benedict is looking pretty fine too...

Runner Up: None (the world can only handle one Cumberbump)

Best Dressed Couple: Eddie Redmayne and Hannah Bagshawe in Alexander McQueen


This is another obvious. Look at Eddie, so dashing in his perfectly tailored suit. He and his wife Hannah are both wearing Alexander McQueen. Hannah's dress is so edgy and sleek. I absolutely love this couple.

Runner Up: Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo

Worst Dressed: Nicole Kidman in Louis Vuitton


All I can say when I look at this dress is "why?" I don't understand this dress. Why the Christmas velvet sash? Why is she carrying that box as a purse? Why is her dress all choppy at the hem? Why the stripper heels? I really don't know what possessed her to wear this. 

Runner Up: Gwyneth Paltrow


So that is it, friends! Who are your picks for best and worst dressed? Did I miss any categories?