Friday, March 13, 2015

All Black




Pants: Eileen Fisher | Sweater: Banana Republic | Jacket: Caslon | Necklace: Cayanne Peppy | Shoes: Report (via Macy's)

Today's outfit is a simple all black ensemble. Since it is all one color, playing with texture is important. The wool of the sweater contrasts with the knit ponte pants and the leather jacket which makes the outfit visually interesting (in an understated sort of way). Yes, I am wearing leopard shoes again. I am permanently retiring (aka throwing away) this pair as they have definitely seen better days. Fear not, I've already purchased another pair of leopard shoes to take their place. =)

This necklace is an absolute favorite of mine. Not only is green the best color ever, I love that I found it at a local craft fair! This necklace (made by Cayanne Peppy) is the perfect statement piece to add to this all black look.

How do you feel about so much black? Would you be willing to try an all black ensemble?