Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 2015 Mood Board

mood board

On the blog today is what has been going on in my head regarding art/fashion/design for spring. 

Starting clockwise: The top left image really spoke to me with the beauty of neutral tones and geometric patterns. Both in interior decor and fashion, I've been more in tune to how small details can make something seemingly plain look beautiful and interesting.

The top right image is a beautiful painting that has really inspired me. Not that I'm going to change my entire illustration style, but I want to experiment with a few different styles and subject matters. I have been feeling stagnant and uninspired lately (see my Monday post on inspiration here), and I just need to try something new.

Bottom right is a beautiful floor (can I have that in my apartment, please?) with some white Birkenstocks. I am thinking of investing in another pair of Birkenstocks. Yes, people are saying they are so "out" and it is time to get over this footwear trend, but I don't really care. The pair I have now are incredibly comfortable and I happen to like they way they look. 

Bottom left is an example of Kintsugi (yes, it is also the title of Death Cab's new album). The definition is: (n.) (v.phr.) "to repair with gold"; the art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer and understanding that the piece is more beautiful for having been broken.  As a Christian, I find this to be the perfect metaphor for life. I want my life to be more beautiful after breaking, that the refining of difficulties and hardships will make me more than what I was at the start.

I hope you are having a wonderful, encouraging May. How do you feel about the board above? Anything inspiring you this month?